The Office of the Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education has launched the 2021-2022 round of proposals for the Learning & Education Advancement Fund (LEAF) This Fund supports projects that anticipate, leverage, and create positive changes in both the modes and mechanisms of undergraduate education at the University of Toronto.
LEAF supports two streams of funding, with the following timelines:
- Seed grants ($5,000 – $15,000 per year, for a max. of 3 years) are accepted on an ongoing basis. Seed grants are intended to encourage experimentation at the local level (within a course or set of courses), as a means to foster small-scale innovations or pilots with the potential for scalability.
- Impact grants ($15,000 – $100,000 per year, for a max. of 3 years) are accepted once a year. Impact grants are designed to support large-scale projects with the potential to significantly enhance core elements of undergraduate education within or across academic units and divisions.
If you have an idea for a teaching and learning initiative and would like to discuss whether it might be appropriate for LEAF, please contact Erin Macnab, Assistant Director, Teaching & Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEAF Proposal Process
The Learning Education Advancement Fund (LEAF) program operates through a two-step application process for all grants, both Impact and Seed Streams:
- Submission of an Expression of Interest, including a consultation with the LEAF program team;
- Submission of a full application package.
Impact Grants are accepted once a year.
- Expressions of Interest must be completed between March and September.
- Full applications are due in early November.
Seed Grants are accepted twice a year.
- Fall Expressions of Interest are accepted between March and September. A full application is due in early November.
- Winter Expressions of Interest are due between February and April. A full application is due in early May.
Note: All LEAF Expressions of Interest will be forwarded to the A&S Dean’s Office to ensure divisional awareness and support of potential projects.
2021/2022 Fall Seed & Impact Grants
- Expression of Interest Deadline: Friday, September 17, 2021
- Full Proposal Deadline: Friday, November 19, 2021
2021/22 Winter Seed Grants
- Expression of Interest Deadline: Friday, March 18, 2022
- Full Proposal Deadline: Friday, April 16, 2022
For application materials and further details on the process, please visit the LEAF website.