The Office of the Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education has launched the 2022-2023 round of proposals for the Learning & Education Advancement Fund (LEAF) This Fund supports projects that anticipate, leverage, and create positive changes in both the modes and mechanisms of undergraduate education at the University of Toronto.
LEAF supports two streams of funding, with the following timelines:
- Seed grants ($5,000 – $10,000 per year, for a max. of 3 years) are accepted on an ongoing basis. Seed grants are intended to encourage experimentation at the local level (within a course or set of courses), as a means to foster small-scale innovations or pilots with the potential for scalability.
- Impact grants ($10,000 – $100,000 per year, for a max. of 3 years) are accepted once a year. Impact grants are designed to support large-scale projects with the potential to significantly enhance core elements of undergraduate education within or across academic units and divisions.
If you have an idea for a teaching and learning initiative and would like to discuss whether it might be appropriate for LEAF, please contact Alex Logue, Assistant Director, Teaching & Learning Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEAF Proposal Process
The Learning Education Advancement Fund (LEAF) program operates through a two-step application process for all grants, both Impact and Seed Streams:
- Submission of an Expression of Interest, including a consultation with the LEAF program team;
- Submission of a full application package.
Impact Grants are accepted once a year.
- Expressions of Interest must be completed between March and September.
- Full applications are due in early November.
Seed Grants are accepted twice a year.
- Fall Expressions of Interest are accepted between March and September. A full application is due in early November.
- Winter Expressions of Interest are due between February and April. A full application is due in early May.
Note: All LEAF Expressions of Interest will be forwarded to the A&S Dean’s Office to ensure divisional awareness and support of potential projects.
2022/2023 Fall Seed & Impact Grants
- Expression of Interest Deadline: Thursday, August 31, 2022
- Full Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
2022/23 Winter Seed Grants
- Expression of Interest Deadline: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- Full Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
For application materials and further details on the process, please visit the LEAF website.