The Arts & Science Council and its sub-committees are made up of elected representatives. They discuss and approve all academic policy and curriculum for the Faculty of Arts & Science.
Elections for Arts & Science Council
Fall 2020 Elections
Elections will be held in October 2020 for positions on Arts & Science Council and Standing Committees. This will include elections for administrative and technical staff, and undergraduate student positions postponed from March 2020, and elections for remaining available undergraduate positions that require a nomination process (see below).
All candidates who were acclaimed to positions in March 2020 will remain acclaimed and all those who were candidates for positions requiring a vote will remain as candidates for Election in the Fall.
Nominations for Undergraduate Student Positions
Council now calls for by-elections for unfilled undergraduate student positions on Arts & Science Council and Standing Committees. Nominations may be submitted by email to email@example.com using the form below, on or before 5:00pm on Friday, September 25, 2020.
Upcoming Dates for Fall 2020 Elections
- September 14 – September 25, 2020 – Nominations open
- September 30 – October 14, 2020 – Campaign period
- October 15 – October 16, 2020 – Voting period (Elections held)
About Arts & Science Council
Please refer to the following documents for further guidance on elections, and for more information on the Arts & Science Council and its sub-committees:
- Arts & Science Constitution
- Arts & Science Council By-Laws
- Functions of the Arts & Science Council and its Standing Committees
- Interpretation and Application of By-Laws Governing Elections
- Guidelines for Conduct During Electoral Campaigns
Previous Election Results
All previous election results are available for review.