The Arts & Science Council and its standing committees review and approve policy changes as well as curriculum, petitions and appeals for the Faculty of Arts & Science. Membership of the Council and the Standing Committees is composed of both elected and ex officio positions according to the Constitution and By-Laws of the Arts & Science Council.
Elections are held for elected positions on the Council for undergraduate students, graduate students, administrative and technical staff, and teaching staff, each year in March for the following academic year. Nominations typically open in late February. Fall by-elections are held in the following October for first-year undergraduate positions, and any positions that remain unfilled after the main election period in March.
Elections for 2023–24 Arts & Science Council
Results of Fall 2023 By-Elections and Acclamations
Elections were held on October 12–13, 2023 for the remaining unfilled undergraduate student positions on the 2023–24 Arts & Science Council and the Undergraduate Humanities Curriculum Committee.
Nominations for the Officers of Council and Agenda Committee membership positions were called from October 4–17, 2023. The following members were elected or acclaimed to the respective positions at the October 18, 2023 Arts & Science Council meeting:
Officer of Council Positions
- Chair of the Arts & Science Council: Professor Daphne Goring (acclaimed)
- Vice-Chair of the Arts & Science Council: Glen Hung (acclaimed)
- Proctors: Scott Clarke (acclaimed), Glen Hung (acclaimed)
Agenda Committee Membership Positions
- Council Members: Richard Shuai (acclaimed), Susan Froom (elected), Grase Kim (elected)
Results of Spring 2023 Elections
Elections were held on March 29–30, 2023 for positions on the Arts & Science Council and its Standing Committees.
- Undergraduate student positions
- Graduate student positions
- Administrative & technical staff positions
- Teaching staff positions
Thank you to all candidates for your participation in this process.
About Arts & Science Council
Please refer to the following documents for further guidance on elections, and for more information on the Arts & Science Council and its sub-committees:
- Arts & Science Council Constitution
- Arts & Science Council By-Laws
- Functions of the Arts & Science Council and its Standing Committees
- Interpretation and Application of By-Laws Governing Elections
- Guidelines for Conduct During Electoral Campaigns
Previous Election Results
All previous election results are available for review.