The Arts & Science Council considers and approves policy for the Faculty of Arts & Science. It approves academic policy for the Faculty in areas such as curriculum, admissions, academic units, and regulations governing evaluation and standing.
Meeting information, with agendas and documentation for review is made available to members and posted on the Arts & Science Governance SharePoint site one week ahead of a meeting of Council.
2022–23 Meeting Schedule
All meetings are on Wednesday mornings, 9:10–11 am. Meetings are scheduled to take place in a hybrid format. Meeting end times may be adjusted depending on the meeting agenda. An Orientation for members was held on September 28, 2022.
- October 19, 2022
- November 23, 2022 — CANCELLED
- December 7, 2022
- February 8, 2023
- March 15, 2023
- April 19, 2023
If you are not member of Council but would like to receive information about Council or attend as a Guest, please contact email@example.com to be added to the invite list.
Membership of Arts & Science Council
Elected (voting) members of Council include:
- One member of the Teaching Staff from each department (not the Chair)
- One member of the Teaching Staff from each college (not the Principal)
- One member of the Teaching Staff from each extra-departmental unit A (not the Director)
- Three full-time Undergraduate Students, Humanities
- Three full-time Undergraduate Students, Social Sciences
- Three full-time Undergraduate Students, Sciences
- Three full-time Undergraduate Students in first-year
- Two part-time Undergraduate Students
- Six Graduate Students
- Five Administrative and Technical Staff including at least one College Registrar
Ex-officio members (non-voting) of Council include:
- President of the University (or designate)
- Vice-President and Provost of the University (or designate)
- Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science
- Vice-Deans and Associate Deans of the Faculty of Arts and Science
- Faculty Registrar
- Chairs of each Department
- Principals of the St. George Colleges
- Registrars of the St. George Colleges
- Directors of Faculty of Arts and Science EDU-As
- President of Arts and Science Students’ Union
- President of Association of Part-Time Undergraduate Students
- Delegated Executive Member of Graduate Students’ Union
- Vice-Principal (Academic), UTM (or designate)
- Vice-Principal (Academic), UTSC (or designate)
- Dean of the School of Graduate Studies (or designate)
A meeting quorum requires attendance of 25 Voting members.
Agenda items for Arts & Science Council are reviewed by the Agenda Committee prior to each meeting of Council. Please send proposed agenda items (including motions for approval, items referred by Standing Committees, items for discussion, and memorial resolutions) to firstname.lastname@example.org on the deadlines listed below.
|Agenda Committee Meeting||Agenda Submission Deadline|
|October 6, 2022, 9 am – 10 am||September 26, 2022|
|November 4, 2022, 9 am – 10 am||October 25, 2022|
|November 28, 2022, 9 am – 10 am||November 18, 2022|
|January 30, 2023, 9 am – 10 am||January 20, 2023|
|March 6, 2023, 9 am – 10 am||February 24, 2023|
|April 10, 2023, 9 am – 10 am||March 31, 2023|
Documentation for Previous Council Meetings
All previous documentation including but not limited to agendas, minutes, proposals and memorial resolutions.