Academic Advising and Support

As an Arts & Science student, you have access to a wide range of academic advising and support services. In most cases, your College Registrar's Office is the best place to go for academic advice. See the breakdown below to find out where to go for answers, support and advice.

Two Registrar Officers from Trinity and Innis Colleges

College Registrars' Offices

  • First stop for students seeking academic, financial or personal advising
  • Degree planning
  • Course enrolment and Program enrolment
  • Learning strategies
  • College scholarships and awards
  • Applications for need-based bursaries
  • Petitions to the Faculty of Arts & Science
Advisor talking to a student in the Office of the Faculty Registrar

Office of the Faculty Registrar

  • Course calendars
  • Final exams, conflicts and re-reads
  • Withdrawals
  • Transfer credits
  • Academic standing, probation, suspension
  • Graduation requirements
  • Fees assessments
  • Faculty scholarships and awards
  • Questions about Degree Explorer
  • Transferring to Arts & Science from another U of T faculty
  • Applying to the Faculty of Arts & Science
Students studying with notebooks and books

English Language Learning

  • Support for students whose first language is not English (ESL or multilingual students)
  • Support for native English speakers who want to improve their English language skills
  • English-language workshops
  • Language courses
  • Reading and writing resources
  • Peer mentor programs
photo of a Student chatting with a faculty in an office

Student Academic Integrity

  • Advising related to academic misconduct
  • Academic-integrity expectations
  • Information on the academic misconduct resolution process
Photo of a building belong to Arts and Science

Academic Units and Program Offices

  • Program requirements, exclusions, prerequisites
  • Departmental scholarships and awards
  • Research opportunities
  • Internships, externships, experiential opportunities
  • Career advice
A student study with his classmates virtually through zoom

Online Resources for Students

  • Appointments with learning strategists
  • Online learning tips
  • Studying tips from A&S students
  • Online study sessions
  • Resources and programming available through Student Life
  • Resources and programming available through U of T Libraries
A student attend virtual test

Services & Resources

  • Personal supports available to A&S students
  • Academic supports and services
  • Directory of resources available to A&S students
St George campus

Resources for Parents & Families

  • Information and links for parents and families of A&S students
  • Support for A&S students who are parents or have families