Are you a student? Please visit the A&S Internship Program page for students.
Launched in fall 2021, the Arts & Science Internship Program (ASIP) is a professional work-integrated learning program for Faculty of Arts & Science students enrolled in specific programs of study.
Arts & Science plans to expand ASIP across the sciences, social sciences and humanities to increase professional work-integrated learning opportunities for students.
Interested in having your academic program considered for inclusion in ASIP, or in hiring an ASIP student? Read on to learn more.
Key Program Features
- Students enrolled in the ASIP stream of their program of study complete mandatory professional development programming plus 12 to 20 months of paid, full-time, academically-related work experience.
- The time to degree completion for students enrolled in ASIP is typically five years.
- There is an additional fee for students to participate in the program.
- ASIP is administered by the Faculty of Arts & Science’s Experiential Learning & Outreach Support (ELOS) Office.
- Detailed information about ASIP can be found by visiting the Arts & Science Internship Program page for students.
Faculty & Staff Members: Get Involved in ASIP
Academic units interested in offering the ASIP stream within their programs of study should contact Vicki Lowes, Director, Experiential Learning & Outreach Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hire an ASIP Student
U of T faculty and staff members interested in hiring an ASIP student for a four-, eight-, 12- or 16-month full-time work term should contact email@example.com.
ASIP Wage Subsidy Program
The Faculty of Arts & Science is pleased to introduce a pilot two-year ASIP Wage Subsidy Program. The program's goals are to support on-campus hiring and to showcase the benefits, energy, skills and experience that ASIP students can bring.
The Faculty will provide a 50% wage subsidy, up to a maximum of $5000, to University of Toronto units hiring an ASIP student for a work term.
Wage Subsidy Details & Eligibility
- 50% wage subsidy, up to a maximum of $5000, for hiring an ASIP student for a work term.
- 50–60 wage subsidies available per year.
Funding is prioritized for continuing staff and faculty whose primary appointment is within the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto. Continuing staff and faculty from U of T units outside of the Faculty of Arts & Science, including Faculty of Medicine researchers appointed at the St. George campus and working out of University of Toronto Teaching Hospitals, may also be considered for funding. However, the co-op position must be a net new position (i.e., the individual or research unit must not have hired a U of T co-op student in 2020, 2021 or 2022 in the same or a similar role).
- Students must be enrolled in the ASIP stream of their program of study and be registered in an ASIP Internship Course.
- Research and administrative positions are eligible.
- Funding is not stackable with other wage subsidy programs (e.g. NSERC USRA, Mitacs Accelerate).
- The student’s learning and professional development is a critical aspect of ASIP. Applications clearly articulating the skills the students will develop and how their professional development will be supported will be given priority.
- Full time (35 hours/week).
- Minimum of 420 hours or 12 weeks.
- Paid at minimum wage or higher (recommended $16–20/hour).
- Must offer meaningful learning opportunity for student with adequate supervision.
- NOW OPEN: Currently accepting applications.
- Applications will be reviewed and confirmed on a rolling basis and must be submitted before the student begins work; please apply early.
- Please allow up to five business days for your application to be reviewed.