Launched in fall 2021, the Arts & Science Internship Program (ASIP) is a professional work-integrated learning program for Faculty of Arts & Science students enrolled in specific programs of study.
Arts & Science plans to expand ASIP across the sciences, social sciences and humanities to increase professional work-integrated learning opportunities for students.
Interested in having your academic program considered for inclusion in ASIP, or in hiring an ASIP student? Read on to learn more.
Key Program Features
- Students enrolled in the ASIP stream of their program of study complete mandatory professional development programming plus 12 to 20 months of paid, full-time, academically-related work experience.
- The time to degree completion for students enrolled in ASIP is typically five years.
- There is an additional fee for students to participate in the program.
- ASIP is administered by the Faculty of Arts & Science’s Experiential Learning & Outreach Support (ELOS) Office.
- Detailed information about ASIP can be found by visiting the Arts & Science Internship Program page for students.
Faculty & Staff Members: Get Involved in ASIP
Academic units interested in offering the ASIP stream within their programs of study should contact Vicki Lowes, Executive Director, Experiential Learning & Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hire an ASIP Student
U of T faculty and staff members interested in hiring an ASIP student for a four-, eight-, 12- or 16-month full-time work term should contact email@example.com.