Arts & Science offers many resources to support your teaching. We strive to encourage and enable exemplary and innovative teaching, enrich and support student academic transition, and build connections between academic and non-academic learning.
We support instructors and academic units in translating their goals into effective practice, building teaching expertise and capacity, and designing pedagogical resources and approaches.
- Academic Handbook (academic guidelines for A&S staff and instructors)
- Pedagogical consultations (course and curriculum development, teaching approaches)
- Sharing teaching practices (resource guides, community of practice, teaching showcase)
- Assistance with teaching award nomination dossiers
- Experiential learning support
- Pedagogical advice from experienced, teaching-award-winning online instructors
- Guidance on providing a quality online learning experience for students
- Choosing the best tools for your courses
- Technical advice on how to teach online, including conducting online lectures, tutorials, assessments and virtual office hours
- Technical support and training for Quercus
- Technical support to maximize online collaborative tools