General Admission Requirements
- All India Senior School Certificate awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE); or Indian School Certificate awarded by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE); or Year 12 State Board Exams with excellent results
- Prerequisite courses should be presented in the 12th year. Applicants may be considered for early admissions based on excellent 10th board examination results, final 11th school grades and predicted grade 12 Board results from their school.
- Calculus prerequisite: must be presented at Class XII Standard Mathematics for admission consideration. Class XII Applied Mathematics (new and old syllabus) will not meet the Calculus requirement.
- Within these admission categories, some programs of study may require additional high school subjects as prerequisites for specific courses in first year or for entry into a specific program in second year.
- Supplemental applications are required for admission to the Computer Science and Rotman Commerce admission categories.
*The admission requirements listed below are recommendations. Meeting these minimums does not guarantee admission.
|Admission Category||Required High School Courses||Recommended Admission Range*||Recommended Range for Required High School Courses|
|Computer Science||English, Calculus||Low 90s||English – high 80s
Calculus – low 90s
|Humanities||English||Low to mid 80s||English – low to mid 80s|
|Life Sciences||English, Calculus||Mid to high 80s||English – mid to high 80s
Calculus – mid to high 80s
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||English, Calculus||Mid to high 80s||English – mid to high 80s
Calculus – mid to high 80s
|Rotman Commerce||English, Calculus||Mid to high 80s||English – high 80s
Calculus – high 80s
|Social Sciences||English||Mid to high 80s||English – mid to high 80s|
English Language Proficiency
- If your first language is not English, you may be required to present proof of English language proficiency
- Complete the official India Board Admit Card Information Form in your Join U of T Applicant Portal and submit it via the Portal’s document upload feature prior to February 1.
- Applicants are required to submit secondary school transcripts, showing all years of study including current interim results, 10th Board examinations results and Predicted 12th board grades, via the Join U of T applicant portal’s document upload feature prior to February 1.
- Detailed information on completing your application is available on How to Apply.
- If you selected the Computer Science or Rotman Commerce admission categories, you will have the option of selecting a second admission category for consideration on the JOIN U of T portal. Selecting a second category does not affect eligibility to your first-choice category. Admission is subject to space availability — once all first-choice applicants have been considered. Please note: Choosing an alternate admission category does not guarantee admission.