We strive to provide inclusive services that enable all students to thrive and succeed in ASIP, including those from equity-deserving groups. We encourage all interested students to apply to the program.
The ASIP stream of each program is limited enrolment. Students must submit a supplementary application.
Holistic admissions criteria will form the basis for admission, with the following criteria being considered:
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, teamwork and community-building qualities
- Evidence of motivation to learn and develop
- Resilience and ability to overcome challenges
- Sense of self and sense of responsibility, ability to learn from mistakes
The application package will consist of the student’s resume and responses to four short-answer non-cognitive questions exploring the above qualities.
The ASIP program’s mission is to help students prepare for professional life through work-integrated learning. We strive to provide inclusive services that enable all students to thrive and succeed in the program, including those from equity-deserving groups. We encourage all interested students to apply to the program.
Looking to gain experience and develop your skills before joining ASIP? Check out Level UP, a digitally enabled work-integrated learning program that provides post-secondary students with paid project experiences.
- The application portal will be open only during the application periods listed below.
- All application steps need to be completed by the specified deadlines (see Key Dates below) for your ASIP application to be considered.
- The application package will consist of a supplementary application and your resume.
- The supplementary application will ask for basic student information (student number, program, etc.) and responses to four short answer non-cognitive questions. Your answers must come from your own experiences and be written completely by you. You will also be asked to provide the name and contact information of a person who can verify the validity of your responses, if required.
- Please upload your resume in PDF format and label the document with your UTORID (not student #).
- To avoid losing your work on the internet browser, we recommend you work on your responses in a separate document so you can edit, spell check and save your drafts. When you are ready, copy and paste your responses into the application to submit.
- The application package can only be submitted once. Do not go back and edit as the updated application will not be considered.
- If you encounter any technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com.
|June 10, 2023 –
July 10, 2023
|ASIP application period
|September 8, 2023
(results will be sent at end of day)
Students notified of admission results by email. Based on the cumulative score on the supplemental application and resume submission, students will receive a notification of:
|September 12, 2023||Students who received a conditional offer of admission and who have now met the ASIP eligibility criteria (e.g., enrolled in an ASIP-eligible program) will receive an updated offer of admission|
|September 14, 2023||Deadline to accept ASIP offer of admission|
|September 20, 2023||Program and PDC220H1 and PDC230H1 start date|
|September 21, 2023||Final deadline for students who received a conditional offer of admission to meet ASIP eligibility criteria and accept updated offer of admission|