The Explore Program is an intensive five-week French language program which takes place during the Summer session at various institutions across Canada (see list below). It is designed to help you discover another region of Canada, meet new people and exchange ideas while improving your knowledge of French.
In order to apply for transfer credit for the Explore Program, you have to complete the following steps:
- After you have completed the Explore Program, complete the Transfer Credit Application and pay the transfer credit assessment fee ($40).
- Arrange for the Explore Program to send your final official transcript directly to the Faculty of Arts & Science.
- Digital Transcripts: The host university can send digital transcripts (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Printed Transcripts: The host university can mail printed transcripts to Transfer Credit Section, Office of the Faculty Registrar, University of Toronto, Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St. George Street, Toronto, ON M5S 3G3
- Schedule your mandatory French Placement Test. Note that you must complete the placement test within one year of completing the Explore Program and you must achieve one level higher than your last placement test in order to receive transfer credit.
- Email the French Placement Test results to email@example.com. Please include your student number with the test result.
If you wish to receive credit towards your Arts & Science degree, you have to complete the Explore Program through one of the following institutions:
|QC||French Immersion School, Trois-Pistoles, Western University|
|QC||Université de Montréal|
|QC||Université de Sherbrooke|
|QC||Université du Québec à Chicoutimi|
|QC||Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières|
|NB||Université de Moncton|