Students whose research has been derailed by COVID-19 to the point that they require financial assistance to resume or redevelop the research that they had originally planned may apply for an A&S COVID-19 Research Pivot Award. The award is intended to assist the student with out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the need to resume research or start over with a different research plan.
Note: The Research Pivot Award program is set expire on August 31, 2021.
The award criteria are:
- Recipients must be full-time research stream graduate students in the Faculty of Arts & Science who must significantly pivot their research plans due to a COVID-19 related disruption.
- Research or other learning activities are no longer available to the student (e.g., data collection or access to other necessary information has been significantly impeded due to COVID-19 and/or data have been lost).
- There are insufficient data to defend a thesis/dissertation;
- All feasible alternative academic activities have been completed; and,
- Funds are required for research related expenses and costs.
To apply for an A&S COVID-19 Research Pivot Award, students should (1) complete a COVID-19 online Mentoring Meeting Record and (2) submit an A&S COVID-19 Research Pivot Award Form (PDF) to their supervisor and/or Graduate Coordinator.