Scholarships are an important source of funding for graduate students in the Faculty of Arts & Science. These, plus teaching assistantships and research assistantships, form the principal components of graduate student "funding packages."
- Awarded by various divisions of the University of Toronto.
- The largest source of internal scholarship support are University of Toronto Fellowships, which are awarded by departments as stipend or tuition fellowships, in accordance with the department's graduate funding policy and with School of Graduate Studies regulations.
- Most Arts & Science academic units also award scholarships; consult your home department's website for details.
- Granted by agencies external to the University of Toronto.
- Major external scholarships include NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council), SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council), and OGS (Ontario Graduate Scholarships)
- Applications for these awards are normally submitted through students' home departments.