Arts & Science welcomes Senior Year students from accredited US high schools who have completed a Grade 12 Diploma.
General Admission Requirements
- Senior Year/Grade 12 Diploma in an accredited high school with a high grade point average and high scores in SAT Reasoning or Redesigned SAT (including Essay) or ACT (including Writing Test) exams and two SAT Subject Tests or AP or IB courses (or a combination of these options covering two different subjects).
- Prerequisite subjects, including English, should be presented at Senior Year/Grade 12 level or as SAT Subject Tests or AP/IB. Pre-Calculus can be used to meet the minimum requirement for some program areas that require mathematics for admission. However, Calculus 12 or AP Calculus or 1 semester of college or university Calculus is required for most math, science, computer science and commerce programs. AP Statistics does not provide the appropriate preparation.
- Successful applicants have presented scores of at least 600 (Reasoning) and 640 (Redesigned) in each SAT component and at least 26 in the ACT with a score of at least 8 in Writing. Some programs require higher scores.
- SAT, AP and ACT scores should be sent to us electronically. The University of Toronto's SAT and AP institution code is 0982 and our ACT institution code is 5366.
- Documents must be submitted electronically via Parchment/Naviance/OUAC whenever possible. You may be given the opportunity to upload your documents directly if they cannot be sent electronically. However, uploaded documents are not considered official and we reserve the right to request official transcripts. DO NOT mail documents to Enrolment Services unless specifically requested. Unsolicited documents will NOT be reviewed or added to your application.
Applicants must complete the US high school diploma with subjects including:
|Admission Category||Required Subjects|
|Computer Science||English, Calculus (AP Calculus, SAT Subject Test Math II, Grade 12 Pre-Calculus, or IB Math HL or SL)|
|Life Sciences||English, Calculus (AP Calculus, SAT Subject Test Math II, Grade 12 Pre-Calculus, or IB Math HL or SL)|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||English, Calculus (AP Calculus, SAT Subject Test Math II, Grade 12 Pre-Calculus, or IB Math HL or SL)|
- Some programs may require additional high school subjects as prerequisites for specific courses in first year or for entry into a specific program in second year. See the individual program pages for high school prerequisites.
- Prerequisite courses should be presented at Grade 12 level/SAT Subject Tests/AP subjects/IB HL
- SAT Subject Test Math II/AP Calculus/Grade 12 Pre-Calculus/IB Math HL or SL is required for programs with Math prerequisites
- Rotman Commerce applicants are required to complete an online supplemental application
- Admission to Computer Science category does not guarantee admission to the Computer Science Program. Visit the Department of Computer Science for more information.
- If you have taken any AP subjects or are in the IB curriculum, you may be eligible for transfer credit - more information will be provided at the time of admission
English Language Proficiency
- If your first language is not English, you may need to take an English Language Test
- The Faculty of Arts & Science offers the International Foundation Program, an option for students who wish to attend U of T but whose English skills do not meet the University's entrance requirements
Ranking the Colleges
- Every Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto St. George student is a member of one of seven colleges
- Selecting a college is a personal decision unrelated to program choice
- College ranking is a step on the application, so be sure to learn more about each of the colleges
Application Details and Next Steps Information
- Detailed information on completing your application are available here