General Admission Requirements
- Applicants must present the complete CAPE diploma (six units) offered by the Caribbean Examinations Council
- Prerequisite courses should be presented at the CAPE level. Some programs may consider excellent CSEC or Ordinary Level results for fulfilling a prerequisite.
- If you will be writing your CAPE examinations this academic year, you will be considered for a provisional offer of admission.
Applicants must complete the complete diploma (six units) with CAPE-level subjects that include:
|Admission Category||Required Subjects|
|Computer Science||English, Calculus|
|Life Sciences||English, Calculus|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||English, Calculus|
|Rotman Commerce||English, Calculus|
- Some programs may require additional high school subjects as prerequisites for specific courses in first year or for entry into a specific program in second year. See the individual program pages for high school prerequisites.
- Applicants to the Rotman Commerce program are required to complete an online supplemental application
- Applicants to the Computer Science program are required to complete an online supplemental application
- Students admitted to the Computer Science Admission Category (CMP1) in September 2020 are guaranteed a place in the Computer Science Specialist, Major or Minor program of choice after first-year, provided that conditions of their guarantee have been met.* Visit the Department of Computer Science website for more information.
- If you have taken CAPE subjects, you may be eligible for transfer credit - more information will be provided at the time of admission
English Language Proficiency
- If your first language is not English, you may need to take an English Language Test
- The Faculty of Arts & Science offers the International Foundation Program, a new option for students who wish to attend U of T but whose English skills do not meet the University's entrance requirements
Ranking the Colleges
- Every Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto St. George student is a member of one of seven colleges
- Selecting a college is a personal decision unrelated to program choice
- College ranking is a step on the application, so be sure to learn more about each of the colleges
Application Details and Next Steps Information
- Detailed information on completing your application are available in the Next Steps Guide to the Application Process
*The Computer Science Admission Guarantee and new courses (CSC 110Y1F and CSC 111H1S) for students entering September 2020 is still pending final approval by the University of Toronto Sciences Curriculum Committee