General Admission Requirements
- Applicants must present the complete CAPE diploma (six units) offered by the Caribbean Examinations Council
- Prerequisite courses should be presented at the CAPE level. Some programs may consider excellent CSEC or Ordinary Level results for fulfilling a prerequisite.
- If you will be writing your CAPE examinations this academic year, you will be considered for a provisional offer of admission.
Applicants must complete the complete diploma (six units) with CAPE-level subjects that include:
|Admission Category||Required Subjects|
|Computer Science||English, Calculus|
|Life Sciences||English, Calculus|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||English, Calculus|
|Rotman Commerce||English, Calculus|
- Some programs may require additional high school subjects as prerequisites for specific courses in first year or for entry into a specific program in second year: Visit the individual program pages to find out which high school courses are required
- Rotman Commerce applicants are required to complete an online supplemental application
- Admission to Computer Science category does not guarantee admission to the Computer Science Program. Visit the Department of Computer Science for more information.
- If you have taken CAPE subjects, you may be eligible for transfer credit - more information will be provided at the time of admission
English Language Proficiency
- If your first language is not English, you may need to take an English Language Test
- The Faculty of Arts & Science offers the International Foundation Program, a new option for students who wish to attend U of T but whose English skills do not meet the University's entrance requirements
Ranking the Colleges
- Every Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto St. George student is a member of one of seven colleges
- Selecting a college is a personal decision unrelated to program choice
- College ranking is a step on the application, so be sure to learn more about each of the colleges
Application Details and Next Steps Information
- Detailed information on completing your application are available in the Next Steps Guide to the Application Process