Our nine Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSCs) play a key a role in ensuring the safety of our community:
Our three main committees meet four times per year and inspect our workplaces:
- The North Committee represents Arts & Science staff housed in buildings north of Harbord Street/Hoskin Avenue.
- The South Committee represents Arts & Science staff in buildings south of Harbord Street/Hoskin Avenue.
- The Sidney Smith Hall Committee represents staff in that building, and also includes representation from the North and South JHSCs.
Our six local committees meet at least twice per year and inspect their respective laboratories:
- Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department of Cell & Systems Biology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Department of Physics
Contact Your Health & Safety Committee
- You can find a list of Arts & Science JHSC members in the JHSC committee listing