Resources for Inspectors
- Workplace Inspection Checklists (Office, Lab & General Industrial)
- Sample JHSC Inspection Report - Email to Manager Responsible (PDF)
- JHSC Workplace Inspections Presentation (PDF)
Resources for First Aiders
First Aid Training is available for identified First Aiders on the St. George campus. Staff at the Mississauga or Scarborough campuses should contact their local Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) office for information. Learn more and find the latest First Aider Package.
First Aider Responsibilities
- To respond to first aid emergencies within the limits of his/her training.
- To obtain and maintain a valid First Aid Certificate issued by a training agency recognized by the WSIB.
- To follow appropriate emergency procedures and provide interim first aid until medical services take over.
- To be in charge of a first aid station and inspect the first aid box and its contents at least every three months (4X/year) and replenish the supplies if needed. The inspection card/checklist for the first aid box should be signed and dated.
- To keep a record, indicating the date, time and nature of the first aid treatment given to any injured person. Advise injured worker to complete a University of Toronto accident and incident online report with their supervisor.
First Aid Stations shall contain/post
- A first aid box containing the items required by Reg. 1101
- An inspection card/checklist
- The WSIB Form 82 poster ("In Case of Injury at Work")
- Valid first aid certificates of the first aiders