Letters of Permission & Transfer Credit: Eligibility
- be registered in a degree program in the Faculty of Arts & Science (Non-Degree Students are not eligible);
- have at least a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 1.50 in the session prior to studies at the host institution;
- be legitimately unable to attend classes in the Faculty of Arts & Science during the session for which transfer credit is being requested or be in your last term of study and are lacking a requirement for graduation.
You are NOT eligible if you:
- owe money to the University or are ineligible to register in the Faculty for any other reason (i.e., suspended);
- have completed all requirements for an Honours Degree; have received ten full-course equivalent on-admission transfer credits or five full-course equivalent post-admission transfer credits [see Transfer Credit Chart];
- have received a combination of on-admission and/or post-admission transfer credits equivalent to half of your degree;
- have received credit for a similar course or courses.
Transfer Credit Chart
The maximum number of transfer credits noted applies to St. George Arts & Science students pursuing a 20-credit degree. Pre-2001 St. George students may count no more than 7.5 transfer credits toward their 15-credit degrees.
"A" = Transfer credit received on-admission
"B" = Potential transfer credits post-admission
If you received ‘A’ number of transfer credits on-admission to the Faculty of Arts & Science, you may also be eligible to receive up to a maximum of ‘B’ number of transfer credits for course work completed at another accredited post-secondary institution after your admission to a degree program in the Faculty.