Are you a current U of T graduate student looking for part-time work during the exam period? We are now accepting applications for Chief Presiding Officers (CPOs) to help facilitate undergraduate Arts & Science exams at the St. George Campus.
CPOs at the Faculty of Arts & Science are an extension of the Office of the Faculty Registrar, helping administer final exams alongside instructors and TAs in the exam room. CPOs are professional and service-oriented, delivering exam question papers to the exam room, working with instructors on exam administration, de-escalating incidents, upholding academic integrity, and ensuring papers are collected in a secure manner.
Writing a final exam is a stressful time for students and instructors. CPOs ensure that the exam writing environment is a fair one for all students with minimal added stress.
- Attending mandatory exam facilitation training prior to the exam period
- Picking up exam materials before an exam
- Setting up the exam room by distributing question papers and exam materials
- Working collaboratively with the instructor to best facilitate the exam
- Ensuring Faculty policies on exam administration are followed
- Monitoring for academic misconduct and recording incidents when needed
- Making announcements to students in exam room
- Collecting student signatures
- Potentially dealing with urgent situations such as students who are unexpectedly sick or fire alarms
- You may be called to a meeting after the exam period to discuss any incidents that occurred during exams. You will be paid for this time.
- If hired, you must attend one mandatory, paid exam facilitation training prior to the exam period March 30 or April 1, 2020).
- For exam shifts during the exam period: you might be scheduled for a morning, afternoon, or evening exam any day between April 4 – May 2, 2020 (excluding Sundays).
- Depending on when you are scheduled, your shift might begin as early as 8:00am and/or end as late as 10:30pm.
- Most days will have multiple exam shifts within one working day, and you might have to work each day within the exam period.
- All exams will take place on the St George Campus.
- You must be a current student enrolled at the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto (undergraduates may not apply).
- Experience with facilitating Faculty of Arts & Science final examinations are an asset.
- Additional qualifications include:
- Exceptional service and professionalism
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry out procedures under pressure, using tact and judgement
- Ability to effectively direct large groups
Rate of Pay: $32.25 per hour with 4% vacation pay
Application Deadline: February 18, 2020
- The application is available online (2021 application link TBA).
- Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Decisions will be made on an ongoing-basis.
- The application system will close on February 18, 2020 at the end of day.
- The Office of the Faculty Registrar employs approximately forty to fifty CPOs per term depending on the number of exam slots.
- If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. The University of Toronto invites all qualified applicants to make application.
The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission. The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact Thomas Ford at email@example.com
Posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Collective Agreement.