Latest information for A&S students, faculty and staff
Across the University everyone is working hard to ensure safety measures, resources and services are in place to support students, staff and faculty throughout a successful academic year. The University remains committed to playing our part in ensuring the health and well-being of our community and to limit the spread of COVID-19. For more information about the University's COVID response and resources, please refer to the University’s website for the latest COVID-19 updates and FAQs.
Fall 2021 at U of T:
Planning is underway across the University for fall 2021 at U of T. In his latest message, President Gertler expressed optimism that most academic activities will be able to take place on campus this September. There is also an update from the Provost including information about in-person instruction and supports; research and libraries; and ensuring the health and safety of our community.
Given the importance of in-person learning to the student experience, the Faculty of Arts & Science is planning for most Arts & Science courses to take place in person in September. However, our planning will continue to be informed by Public Health guidance. Read the latest update from Dean Melanie Woodin.
Summer 2021 Session:
Due to the current public health restrictions limiting non-essential travel outside the home, all A&S courses and their components will be offered remotely in the Summer 2021 Session, with the exception of courses approved by the Dean’s Office for in-person delivery. The limited number of A&S courses approved for in-person during the summer session are only those courses where the learning objectives cannot be achieved virtually and that meet the limitations outlined by Public Health and the Government of Ontario. These courses will be carefully managed according to public health guidelines for essential instruction to prioritize and maximize student and faculty safety. These too are subject to changes according to public health guidelines. Please continue to check this page and review the Undergraduate Student FAQs, and the Information for Instructors, for the most up-to-date information.
If you are planning to visit campus, complete a self-assessment the day you will be on campus using UCheck, U of T’s self-assessment portal, to determine your COVID-19 risk status based on the latest public health guidelines.
Complete Your Self-Assessment on UCheck
Messages from the Dean
Dean Woodin provides an update on the upcoming Fall session and the transition back to in-person learning (May 26, 2021).
- Update from Dean Woodin about A&S fall 2021 planning | May 26, 2021
- Message from Dean Woodin about fall 2021 planning | April, 21, 2021
- Message from Dean Woodin about Summer Session | February 12, 2021
- New year message from Dean Woodin to A&S undergraduates | January 11, 2021
- Dean Woodin highlights accomplishments of the A&S community at last Faculty Council meeting of 2020 | December 14, 2020
- Message from Dean Woodin regarding winter term classes and course delivery | November 20, 2020
- Message from Dean Woodin: Deadlines for Undergraduate Credit/No Credit and Late Withdrawal | October 28, 2020
- Dean Woodin addresses first A&S Council meeting of the 2020-21 academic year | October 22, 2020
- Message from Dean Woodin about undergraduate course delivery | October 13, 2020
- In Conversation: Dean Melanie Woodin and ASSU President Ikran Jama | September 22, 2020
- Welcome from Dean Woodin to the 2020-21 academic year | September 8, 2020
- A&S Fall Term update for undergraduate students from Dean Woodin | July 31, 2020
- Message from Dean Woodin for A&S Undergraduates: Update on Fall Term, Dean's Promise and the new Academic Plan | June 25, 2020
- Looking ahead to the fall: Q&A with Dean Woodin | May 19, 2020
- Message from Dean Woodin for A&S undergraduate students: CR/NCR, fees and summer timetable | May 1, 2020
- Dean Woodin’s remarks at year-end Faculty Council meeting | April 16, 2020
- Update from Dean Woodin for A&S undergraduate students: Summer Session | April 9, 2020
- End of term message from Dean Woodin | April 3, 2020
- Daily update for A&S undergraduate students: summer courses and absence declaration tool | April 2, 2020
- Daily update for A&S undergraduate students: Three days to go! | April 1, 2020
- Daily update for A&S undergraduate students: deadline extension to drop a course | March 31, 2020
- Daily update for A&S undergraduate students: final week of term | March 30, 2020
- Daily update to A&S undergraduate students: Six weekdays to go | March 27, 2020
- Daily update for A&S undergraduate students: Convocation | March 26, 2020
- Daily update for A&S undergraduate students: Summer courses | March 25, 2020
- Daily update for A&S undergraduate students | March 24, 2020
- Update for A&S undergraduate students: Countdown to end of term | March 23, 2020
- Thank you video to A&S undergraduate students | March 20, 2020
- Update to A&S undergraduate students on deferred exams and financial assistance | March 19, 2020
- Update for A&S undergraduate students from Dean Woodin | March 18, 2020
- COVID-19 update for A&S undergraduate students | March 17, 2020
- Update on CR/NCR for A&S undergraduate students | March 16, 2020
- Changes to the Winter 2020 Session for A&S Undergraduate Students | March 15, 2020
- Moving Classes to Alternate Modes of Delivery | March 13, 2020
- Absence Declaration Tool | March 11, 2020
University of Toronto Community Updates
Visit UTogether2020 for University of Toronto COVID-19 updates, information and resources for the U of T community.
Support Services and Resources
We know 2020-2021 is going to be a different kind of academic year. We will get through it together. From academic advising and study groups for students, to pedagogical advice and online resources and training sessions for faculty, these supports will help make this year a success.
Many University events have converted to a virtual format. If you are interested to attend a U of T event and are unsure about the status, please check with the event organizers.