The Arts & Science Council and its sub-committees are made up entirely of elected representatives. They discuss and approve all policy and curriculum for the Faculty of Arts & Science.
Spring Elections for 2020-21 Arts & Science Council
(Updated March 24, 2020 at 12:03pm)
Special Committee on Academic Policy
The Agenda Committee of Arts & Science Council calls for membership nominations for the Special Committee. Thank you to all who submitted a nominations for this committee. Nominations are being assessed by the Agenda committee, and successful candidates will be contacted.
Elections for Arts & Science Council
Due to current circumstances at the University of Toronto, Elections to Arts & Science Council have been postponed until Fall 2020. All candidates who were acclaimed to positions in March 2020 will remain acclaimed and all those who were candidates for positions requiring a vote will remain as candidates for Election in September.
In September 2020, Council will call for by-elections for unfilled positions. The campaign period will formally resume for all Elections after the close of the September nomination period.
About Arts & Science Council
Please refer to the following documents for further guidance on elections, and for more information on the Arts & Science Council and its sub-committees:
- Arts & Science Constitution (PDF)
- Arts & Science Council By-Laws (PDF)
- Functions of the Arts & Science Council and its Standing Committees (PDF)
- Interpretation and Application of By-Laws Governing Elections (PDF)
- Guidelines for Conduct During Electoral Campaigns (PDF)
Past Election Results
Spring 2019 Election
Elections were held for Fall 2019 for first-year undergraduate positions, and any positions remaining unfilled following Spring 2019 Elections to 2019-20 Council.
- Results Undergraduate Student Positions (PDF) (Updated on Friday, September 6, 2019)
- Results Graduate Student Positions (PDF) (Released on Thursday, April 4, 2019)
- Results Administrative & Technical Staff (PDF) (Released on Thursday, April 4, 2019)
Fall 2019 Elections
- Results for Undergraduate and Graduate Student positions (PDF) (Released on Tuesday, October 15, 2019)
Spring 2018 Election Results
- Results Undergraduate Student Positions (Released on April 11, 2018)
- Results Graduate Student Positions (Released on March 27, 2018)
- Results Administrative & Technical Staff Positions (Released on March 23, 2018)
- Results Teaching Staff Positions (Released on April 9, 2018)