TCard and UTmail+
All U of T students are provided with a campus email address through the UTmail+ service.
Setting up a UTmail+ account is mandatory for all University of Toronto students. The Office of the Faculty Registrar, the colleges, and departments send important messages regarding fees, exams, session dates, and other critical information via your UTmail+ account. It's important to check it often. Your UTmail+ account also gives you access to the Information Commons, the library, and the internet.
Setting up your UTmail+ Account
Step One: Obtain a TCard.
- The TCard is your permanent University of Toronto Student Card. It has your digitized photo and signature, a smart chip and a magnetic stripe on the back of the card. It provides student identification for academic purposes, student activities and services, and access control to campus libraries and campus buildings (if applicable). The TCard also provides users the option to carry cash value in the computer chip, to pay for library services, and loading flex dollars online to pay for meals and other services at select locations on campus.
- To get your TCard, go to room 2054A, Robarts Library, 130 St. George Street.
- Bring your offer of admission letter, a valid government-issued photo identification and proof of citizenship.
- For more information on documentation requirements and for hours of operation, please see the TCard website.
Step Two: Activate your University of Toronto (UTmail+) email account.
- Once you receive your TCard, you will get your activation code for your UTORid, which will then provide access to your UTmail+ account.
- Activate your UTmail+ account using your UTORid and password.
- If you already have an email account, you can simply have your UTmail+ messages forwarded to that account.
Step Three: Update your ACORN account with your UTmail+ address