Congratulations on being offered admission to the University of Toronto's Faculty of Arts and Science!
You probably have many questions about choosing courses, living in residence, or transitioning to university. Living far from campus can make figuring things out seem more overwhelming. But this site is designed to help you figure out the answers to your questions. And for anything you're still unsure about your college registrar's office is there to help!
New Student Checklist
Accept Your Offer
- Follow the instructions in your offer package to accept your offer of admission by the stated deadline.
- Check the Join U of T Portal to make sure your acceptance has been received.
Learn Important Information
- Read through our Welcome Guide for new students.
- If possible, attend a Welcome Event or Advising Session at your college to familiarize yourself with academic requirements and procedures.
- Keep your eye out for residence information (which is usually sent by email). Follow the procedures in your residence offer letter. If you plan on living off-campus, the Student Housing Office can provide information about finding an apartment.
Join a Community
- Foundational Year Programs combine theme-based, small-group learning with extra-curricular experiences and provide for an exceptional first-year. Each of the seven colleges offers their own College One program. These optional programs are open to all first-year, full-time students in the Faculty of Arts & Science regardless of college affiliation.
- Consider signing up for a First Year Learning Community (FLC). FLC groups are capped at 24-30 students who will be enrolled in some of the same core courses and will meet regularly outside of class time for useful activities. Registration opens in mid-June.
Choose Your Courses
- Read the Program Information to get an idea of what courses you need to take in first year.
- Read through the Arts & Science Calendar and Registration Handbook & Timetable.
- Sign on to ROSI (also called the "Student Web Service"). View your course enrolment start time on ROSI beginning July 22, 2013.
- At your start time on July 30, 2013 (first year students only) enrol in your courses on ROSI. Be sure to log on to ROSI as soon as your enrolment window opens for best course selection!
Pay Your Fees
- Plan a budget for the upcoming year.
- View your fees invoice on ROSI after enrolling in classes.
- Pay the first instalment of your fees or request a fee deferral by August 20, 2013. (Deferrals are possible for students with Canadian government student loans.) Failure to pay your tuition on time will result in removal from all your courses. To be a registered student you need to have enrolled in courses AND paid the first installment of your fees (or officially defer them).