Once you enrol in courses you should pay at least the first installment of your fees or defer them if you have OSAP, in order to complete your registration and secure your courses.
Faculty of Arts & Science students newly admitted to U of T will have their fees assessed by program fee. Full information can be found on the tuition information page. You will find that your program fee has already been added to your Student Account when you check the Student Account feature on ROSI. Residence charges are also shown on your ROSI account. (Note: a small number of students who have accepted their admission offer late or had to show evidence of completing offer conditions, may have an incorrect initial fees assessment on ROSI. These will be corrected later but those students should proceed to make an initial payment or defer their fees. Their fees assessment will be corrected before classes begin).
- Print off your invoice from ROSI
- Pay your fees through a bank - you can also use online or telephone banking
- Set up the U of T as one of your payee accounts by providing your financial institution with your U of T student account number and the name "University of Toronto" if you pay by phone or online
- Your U of T student account number is displayed on the invoice format of your account on ROSI. The account number consists up to the first five characters of your surname (in capital letters) and 10 numbers which is your student number with leading zeroes. Make sure you distinguish between the letter 'O' and the number 'zero'.
- Sample account number: Jane Johnson's student number is 993334441 - her account number is JOHNS0993334441.
Be sure to make a note of the confirmation number in case there is a delay in processing your payment. If you pay after August 25th, make sure you get proof of payment, and proof of the date you paid, and show it to your college registrar's office as soon as possible.
Students making payment from outside Canada may obtain additional information on how to pay by checking the Student Accounts website (navigate to "Fall and Winter", then "Payments") and through the Centre for International Experience.
To be automatically registered for the Fall-Winter session you MUST enrol in courses AND PAY at least the minimum first installment of your fees (or officially defer them) by August 25. If your payment has not been received or officially deferred by late August, you will be removed from your courses at any time. Students who have been removed from courses and had their registrations cancelled will have to show proof of payment before they can attempt to enrol in courses again. Note that if your registration is cancelled, your space in courses may be filled by a student from a Wait List and no longer available to you. We will allow a processing time of 10 days for bank payments to be received by the University.
Residence fee payment deadlines vary – make sure you check your residence occupancy agreement carefully to see when they are due.
Service charges are issued at a rate of 1.5% per month (compounded monthly, 19.56% annually). For more information please see the Student Accounts website.
You can check on ROSI to see if your payment has been received or your deferral has been processed, and hence you are registered. Log on and select "Timetables" from the main menu. Display your timetable for the current session. On the upper right portion of the timetable is your "Status." If it is "REG," your registration is complete. If your status is "INVIT," you risk being removed from your courses! You should check your status a few days after you have paid to be safe.
For OSAP: If you applied for OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Plan) and have been assessed as eligible for OSAP, you may request deferral of your fees payment. OSAP assures students that if they apply by June 30 their application will be assessed in time for a deferral, provided the student has completed all the required steps.
If you have been assessed as eligible for OSAP, you may defer your fees payment until you pick up and process your loan documents (beginning the week before classes start).
There are two ways you may officially defer your payment: online and in person.
- To defer online, you go to your Student Account page on ROSI and follow the directions. After completing the online deferral, you should check to ensure your registration is complete as per the instructions above. The deferral must be completed at your college registrar's office or Student Accounts office by August 25th or you will be removed from your courses.
- To defer in person, you go to your College Registrar's office if you have received confirmation from OSAP that you are eligible. If you have applied but have not yet received confirmation, you must go to Enrolment Services, 172 St. George Street, to request a deferral before the late August deadline.
If you are unable to defer your fees for any reason, you should pay the first installment of your fees via the bank before the deadline to protect your course enrolments. Contact your College Registrar's office if you encounter problems or have questions.
For Scholarships & Other Awards: If you have received a University scholarship or an outside award to be processed by the Office of Enrolment Services, your fee payment may be deferred. However, it will not be automatically deferred; you must notify your College Registrar's office before late August so they can register you manually before the deadline, or follow the instructions below. If the scholarship does not cover the minimum first payment for your program, you should deduct the amount of the scholarship from the required minimum payment for registration and pay the remaining amount of the minimum first payment in order to complete your registration.
To defer your fees, mail or bring a copy of your award letter, a printout of your invoice format from ROSI, and a completed deferral form (available on the Student Accounts website or the Student Accounts Office, 215 Huron Street, 3rd floor, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A2 before August 25th.
Fees can vary depending on your college, program and year of admission to the Faculty. Compulsory fees for registration consist of academic, incidental and ancillary fees. Fees for the 2014-2015 fall-winter sessions are displayed on tuition website (2015-2016 fees will be available in the summer of 2015). The current fees will be reflected on your Student Account on ROSI.
If for any reason you are eligible for a refund, refund schedules are posted on the Student Accounts website (navigate to "Fall and Winter", then "Fee and Refund Schedules"). Check the refund dates carefully.
You may request a refund of the fees by emailing a request to the Office of Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before you send your email, check your account balance on ROSI to make sure you have a refund owing. You may also wish to set up direct deposit by recording your banking information on ROSI prior to requesting the refund.