The Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto welcomes applications from students in Canada and around the world. Admission to the Faculty of Arts & Science is competitive.
Use the menu at the left for more information on application deadlines, specific admission requirements, transfer credit, and the steps you need to take before and after you apply. Application details can be found on the Enrolment Services website.
The Application Process
- Select the admission category you plan to apply to, review the admission requirements and learn about the application process.
- Read about the Faculty of Arts & Science college system and prepare your ranking.
- Apply by February 28th (Ontario high school students), January 31st** (all other applicants). Applications are available online through the Ontario Universities Application Centre.
** the deadline for 105 applicants have been extended to February 28th for the Social Sciences, Humanities and Physical & Mathematical Sciences admission categories.
- Be sure to check your email frequently - correspondence from the university will be sent to your email address.
- Review the English facility requirements and submit any required tests or documentation by the document deadline.
- If you have applied to Rotman Commerce, be sure to complete the supplemental application.
- Submit interim or final transcripts by the document deadline.
- Log in to the Join U of T portal the check your application status. Check frequently to monitor your application and ensure there are no outstanding documents.
NOTE: The earlier we have a completed application, including all supporting documents, the sooner we can make an admission decision.
Academic Year and Entry Points
The academic year in the Faculty of Arts & Science consists of three terms:
- Fall Session - September to December
- Winter Session - January to April
- Summer Session - May to August
The Fall session is the only entry point for degree-seeking applicants admitted to full-time study.
Part-time and non-degree students may be able to enter at the Summer Session.
There is no entry in the Winter Session.