South Asian Studies
South Asian Studies offers an exciting minor program that enables students to understand contemporary South Asia by looking at current contexts and historical traditions. The program adopts an interdisciplinary approach and examines cultural, political and social institutions from multiple perspectives. Starting from a critical overview of South Asia, the program becomes more focused as students get involved in research projects that will provide them valuable skills to engage with the growing importance of South Asia.
- Apply to either the Humanities or Social Sciences admission categories on the St. George campus
- Six Grade 12 U or M courses, including English are required
- Students outside of Ontario should have the equivalent senior high school credits
Bachelor of Arts Program
- South Asian Studies (minor)
- SAS 114H1 – Introduction to South Asian Studies
Advice for First Year
Students who are interested in pursuing South Asian Studies should take SAS 114Y to give themselves a solid foundation for the program. Since the program is structured incrementally, taking the first year course will provide a seamless transition to the courses offered at the second year level.
Direct career options include:
|International trade||Foreign Service and non-governmental organizations|
|policy and research|