Letters of Permission & Transfer Credit: Eligibility
- be registered in a degree program in the Faculty of Arts and Science (Non-Degree Students are not eligible);
- have at least a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 1.50 in the session prior to studies at the host institution;
- be legitimately unable to attend classes in the Faculty of Arts and Science during the session for which transfer credit is being requested or be in your last term of study and are lacking a requirement for graduation.
You are NOT eligible if you:
- owe money to the University or are ineligible to register in the Faculty for any other reason (i.e., suspended);
- have completed all requirements for an Honours Degree; have received ten full-course equivalent on-admission transfer credits or five full-course equivalent post-admission transfer credits [see Transfer Credit Chart];
- have received a combination of on-admission and/or post-admission transfer credits equivalent to half of your degree;
- have received credit for a similar course or courses.
Transfer Credit Chart
The maximum number of transfer credits noted applies to St. George Arts and Science students pursuing a 20-credit degree. Pre-2001 St. George students may count no more than 7.5 transfer credits toward their 15-credit degrees.
|"A" = Transfer credit received on-admission||"B" = Potential transfer credits post-admission|
If you received ‘A’ number of transfer credits on-admission to the Faculty of Arts and Science, you may also be eligible to receive up to a maximum of ‘B’ number of transfer credits for course work completed at another accredited post-secondary institution after your admission to a degree program in the Faculty.