Sidney Smith Hall: Lobby and Patio Bookings, Banner Policy
- Using the Sidney Smith Hall Lobby: 2017 Winter Term
- Using the Sidney Smith Hall Patio: 2017 Winter Term
Promoting Student Events by Hanging Banners in Sidney Smith Hall.
Student groups wishing to promote events by hanging banners and/or posters in Sidney Smith Hall should note the following:
- A banner is a cloth flag and/or series of posters joined together that are not hung on bulletin boards. A banner must not exceed the maximum vertical length of 4 feet and maximum horizontal width of 6 feet.
- Banners must be approved by the Office of the Faculty Registrar (Sidney Smith Hall, room 1006) or they will be removed and they will not be returned.
- All banners must be sponsored by the Faculty of Arts & Science or a recognized student group whose name must appear on the banner. Campus groups must be registered with the U of T Office of Student Life Programs. Only banners promoting membership in or the events, programs, policies, or activities of recognized student groups, and UTSU and Governing Council elections will be approved.
- Approval does not guarantee space for your banner.
- Banners may be hung, space permitting, on a first-come, first-served basis on Sidney Smith interior balconies only. Tie-down cords must be used to secure banners; tape is not permitted.
- Posters are to be hung on public bulletin boards only. All others will be removed immediately.
- Expired banners will be cleared by the caretaking staff every Friday and will not be returned.
All date-specific banners will be removed once the date of the event has passed. Non-date-specific banners may be hung for a maximum of two weeks.
- Groups may be required to limit themselves to one banner at a time if demand exceeds available space.