Home / Academic Advising & Support

Academic Advising & Support

Where to go for answers, advice, and support

  • Your college registrar's office is your "reliable first stop" where you can get information, advice, or a direct referral. They provide broad, integrated advising on personal, financial, family, or career issues. They also conduct academic advising, especially on issues that go beyond a particular course. The colleges also advise on petitions and other rule-related matters. Their staff are also specialists in providing referrals to, and follow-up from, specialized U of T student services.
  • Departmental and program office advisors can offer advice on the specifics of their academic unit's courses, programs, and instructional issues. They can also give out waivers and substitutions on prerequisites, exclusions, and program requirements.
  • College Deans of Students and Student Life Offices help create strong, supportive and inclusive college student communities.
  • The Office of the Faculty Registrar conducts transactions on transcripts, final examinations, exam conflicts, checks of final marks and exam re-reads.
  • Specialized U of T Student Life programs and services provide professional support for students in a variety of areas.
  • The English Language Learning Program supports all U of T undergraduates enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Science whose first language is not English (ESL or multilingual students), as well as native speakers seeking to improve their English language skills.